0

The future of motor-sports multimedia

Sunday 21 November 2010

Well I was greeted by a very pleasant sight tonight. The NASCAR website was carrying a live webstream of its Ford 400 finale at Homestead.

This is, frankly, fantastic stuff. IndyCar have their own live stream for each race, and if NASCAR and ESPN keep going with this deal it would be great news for race fans everywhere. Already many people in the live chat are saying how great this is. Its clear that the fans are calling for live streaming, and it still amazes me how slow everyone's been to respond. The internet is the future, and yet it seems to be badly neglected - there's so much opportunity to do some cool stuff with it which organisers just aren't picking up on.

Earlier this year the BTCC qualifying was being shown live for the first time in what seems like forever on the ITV website. This is a great start, but couldn't we take it further? I've loved the F1 footage on the BBC website with practically every session covered apart from the warm-up. It means I get an almost comprehensive coverage of F1.

I would watch NASCAR so much more if I actually had the chance to watch it. NASCAR Live streaming gives me that chance and I'm taking it with every second of my life I have! What they don't get is that I want to watch NASCAR, but I physically can't.

I hope they continue this, for my sake and theirs...

0 Responses to "The future of motor-sports multimedia"